The solution offered by Torraval in evaporative condensers is the MCE series, that can be used in air conditioning and industrial refrigeration facilities. They are an alternative to the classic evaporative water condenser system with evaporative cooling tower or dry cooling systems.
The evaporative condensator, within water-cooled condensation systems, combine open circuit condensation systems in one compact unit inside of which the forced evaporation of a small amount of water spray is produced to achieve dissipation of the heat necessary to condense the refrigerant gas.
The refrigerant gas to be condensed is introduced into the upper manifold coil, formed by tubes with a smooth surface. The progressive condensation thereof occurs by spraying water which continuously moistens the coil that is in contact with the countercurrent air flow. The gas, cooled and condensed to a liquid state in the bottom coil collector, can be returned to the installation.
Fields of application
The closed circuit cooling tower is employed in industrial plants and civil air conditioning installations, in particular:
• Cooling of delicate equipment such as air compressors, moulds and plastic extrusion machines, pipe-manufacturing (using an emulsion with anti-corrosion additive in the closed circuit water) or induction furnaces (with demineralised water).
• Evaporative chilling (cooling tower’s direct production of cold water for an air conditioning installation when the chiller is shutdown in the low season) and load shaving (direct production of cold water upstream of a chiller thus only subject to partload). The evaporative condenser serving refrigeration plants can be employed in the following sectors:
• Civil and industrial air conditioning installations.
• Industrial logistics.
• Refrigerated warehouses (e.g. storage of food products).
• Industrial refrigeration
Accesories and alternative constructive optionals under request:
The following alternative optionals are available for all models:
• Coil in AISI 304 or AISI-316 (for corrosive water spraying and/or aggressive environment, for semi-open circuits or for cooling circuits with demineralized water), available only for the MCC Series.
• Double pass coils with separated collectors to maximize thermal performance.
• 2 speed motors with multistage thermostat (or an automatic centralized cascade control or a control system with frequency converter).
• “Silent” version characterized by its reduced noise emissions.
• Electric heater with thermostat and switch for minimum level in the basin.
• Man-sized access door to allow access to the inner parts for inspection work, cleaning or maintenance.