The solution provided by Torraval for closed circuit towers is the MCC Series, that are employed as an alternative to open-type cooling circuits with heat exchangers . This happens in cases where the fluid that we need to refrigerate (usually water or water with glycol) must maintain its chemical and physical properties constant over time without being contaminated by external elements.
The fluid to be cooled circulates within the tubes constituting the coil of the heat exchanger located inside the cooling tower. The coil is continuously wetted with the water from the cooling towers basin, which is sent to the spray system using a pump installed in the tower.
Once reached the cooling of the fluid through the combined effects of the evaporation of a small part of the sprayed water and the turbulence created within the tubes, it can be returned to the installation equipment.
Fields of application
The closed circuit cooling tower is employed in industrial plants and civil air conditioning installations, in particular:
• Cooling of delicate equipment such as air compressors, moulds and plastic extrusion machines, pipe-manufacturing (using an emulsion with anti-corrosion additive in the closed circuit water) or induction furnaces (with demineralised water).
• Evaporative chilling (cooling tower’s direct production of cold water for an air conditioning installation when the chiller is shutdown in the low season) and load shaving (direct production of cold water upstream of a chiller thus only subject to partload). The evaporative condenser serving refrigeration plants can be employed in the following sectors:
• Civil and industrial air conditioning installations.
• Industrial logistics.
• Refrigerated warehouses (e.g. storage of food products).
• Industrial refrigeration
Accesories and alternative constructive optionals under request:
The following alternative optionals are available for all models:
• Coil in AISI 304 or AISI-316 (for corrosive water spraying and/or aggressive environment, for semi-open circuits or for cooling circuits with demineralized water), available only for the MCC Series.
• Double pass coils with separated collectors to maximize thermal performance.
• 2 speed motors with multistage thermostat (or an automatic centralized cascade control or a control system with frequency converter).
• “Silent” version characterized by its reduced noise emissions.
• Electric heater with thermostat and switch for minimum level in the basin.
• Man-sized access door to allow access to the inner parts for inspection work, cleaning or maintenance.