Cooling Towers - OC Series
OC series are induced draught cooling towers, counter-flow with axial fans.
We are talking about equipments capable of cooling flows from up to 5.500 m3/h per cell, which makes them suitable for industrial processes. Depending on the selected type of fillings, they are prepared to cool any water quality.
Its concrete structure can be covered with polyester screen with fiberglass (GRP) or work blocks, always in accordance with the design criteria that allows an easy internal access for maintenance or cleaning.
Cooling towers of this series consist of:
• Structure and cladding
• Water distribution system
• Drift eliminator
• Mechanical equipment
The upper part of the tower consists of a hot dip galvanized steel deck. An inspection trap and an internal ladder (one by each cell) in order to allow the access to the interior of the tower are included, as well as a peripheral handrail. To reach the upper part, a ladder from the floor is available.
At the air intake in the lower part of the tower, optionally, several louvers are placed with the double object of conducting air inlet and avoiding water splash out of the tower.
These cooling towers can incorporate different filling types according to water quality features:
• Laminar: clean and industrial waters. It is composed by plastic panels with flute size from 12 to 40 mm and highly efficient.
• Semi-splash: composed by hollow cylinders vertically installed. Ideal for waters in which the content of suspended solids is high.
• Splash: it is recommended for those cases in which the content of suspended solids is extremely high. This film is composed of L-shaped plastic splash bars placed horizontally and supported by vertical stainless steel meshes, allowing large passages for water and air, thus avoiding the possibility of clogging.
Water distribution system
• FRP open channels or plastic pipes, both systems trough gravity nozzles and impingement plates.